PAS 2017 Meeting
May 6 – 9, 2017
The Moscone Center West
800 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
At The PAS Meeting You Will:
- DISCOVER the latest in original research from young and established investigators
- ENGAGE with world-renowned experts in the basic and clinical sciences
- BELONG to a network of cross-disciplinary colleagues who support academic pediatrics
- SHARE in a unique multi-specialty experience focused exclusively on pediatrics
- OBTAIN CME Credits
The Pediatric Academic Societies (PAS) Meeting brings together thousands of pediatricians and other health care providers united by a common mission: improve the health and well-being of children worldwide. This international gathering includes researchers, academics, as well as clinical care providers and community practitioners. Presentations cover issues of interest to generalists as well as topics critical to a wide array of specialty and subspecialty areas.
The PAS Meeting is produced through a partnership of four pediatric organizations that are leaders in the advancement of pediatric research and child advocacy. These partners, designated below, are pleased to celebrate ongoing collaboration with the Alliance and Affiliate supporters of the PAS Meeting denoted below.
- American Pediatric Society (APS) is an organization dedicated to the advancement of child health through the promotion of pediatric research, recognition of achievement, and cultivation of excellence in pediatrics through advocacy, scholarship, education and leadership development and to honor those who, by their contributions to pediatrics, have aided in its advancement.
- Society for Pediatric Research (SPR) is an international society whose purpose is to create a network of multidisciplinary researchers to improve child health. SPR promotes the interchange of ideas and provides opportunities for investigators to present and be honored for their work.
- Academic Pediatric Association (APA) is a national organization dedicated to improving the health of all children and adolescents through leadership in the education of child health professionals, research, dissemination of knowledge, patient care, and advocacy, in partnership with children, families, and communities. This is accomplished through membership activities, funded research and teaching programs and advocacy to affect public and governmental opinion positively for children.
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is an organization of primary care pediatricians, pediatric medical subspecialists, and pediatric surgical specialists committed to the attainment of optimal physical, mental and social health for all infants, children, adolescents and young adults.
Alliance and Affiliate Partners
The PAS welcomes subspecialty societies and clubs who meet or co-host programming during the PAS 2017l Meeting. Together we share a common interest about the importance of children’s health, today and in the future. Attendance at an alliance meeting is open; some require a registration fee separate from the PAS, while others do not. Refer to the section on alliance programming for general information and program details specific to each alliance. Societies and clubs who align with the PAS to host independent or joint programming in 2017 are:
- American Society of Pediatric Nephrology (ASPN)
- Association of Pediatric Program Directors (APPD)
- Bioethics Interest Group
- Coalition of Centres in Global Child Health (CCGCH)
- Child Neurology Society (CNS)
- Child Health Translational Research Committee
- Directors of Research in Pediatrics
- Federation of Pediatric Organizations (FOPO)
- International Pediatric Hypertension Association (IPHA)
- International Society for Children’s Health and the Environment (ISCHE)
- Japan Pediatric Society (JPS)
- Kernicterus Symposium
- Lung Club
- March of Dimes Foundation
- Milk Club
- Neonatal Feeding Club
- Neonatal Hemodynamics Club
- Neonatal Sepsis Club
- NICU Follow-Up Club
- North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (NASPGHAN)
- Pediatric Endocrine Society (PES)
- Pediatric Hospitalist Medicine (PHM)
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society (PIDS)
- Perinatal Brain Club
- Perinatal Nutrition and Metabolism Club
- Research Training Consortium in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine (SAHM)
- Society for Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics (SDBP)