Rules & Guidelines for Non-Scientific (Ancillary) Events
NOTE: All requests must be completed using the PAS Program and Events Center.
Black Out Dates/Times
Organizations may not hold functions during the PAS scientific program schedule. These times include:
- Saturday, 8-11:45 am and 1-6:30pm
- Sunday, 8-11:45 am and 1-6:30pm
- Monday, 8-11:45 am and 1-6:30pm
- Tuesday, 8-11:45 am and 1-6:30pm
Key Planning Timeline – Non-Scientific (Ancillary) Event
|July 20, 2017||Call Opens for all Ancillary Events|
|October 3, 2017||Call Closes for all Ancillary Events|
|October 4, 2017||Space Assignments Begins|
|November 11, 2017||Ancillary Event Notifications Emailed. This will include hotel assignment, day/time of the event and contact information for A/V and catering needs.|
|January 15, 2018||Call Opens for Late Ancillary Event Requests (pending space availability)|
|March 1, 2018||Call Closes for Late Ancillary Event Requests|
|March 12, 2018||Ancillary Event Notifications Emailed. This will include hotel assignment, day/time of the event and contact information for A/V and catering needs.|
Non-Scientific (Ancillary) Event Locations
- All activities are restricted to the official PAS hotels or the Convention Center, assigned at the discretion of PAS. Please note, per hotel policy, no outside food and beverages are allowed in any meeting function.
- Space is assigned upon submission of your event to the PAS Program and Events Center.
- PAS accepts no financial or organizational responsibility for ancillary or exhibitor education events. Room rental, catering, A/V equipment, labor and other charges are the sole responsibility of the organizer. (PAS and the co-headquarter hotels have the right to move an event if PAS or the hotels determine the space assigned is needed for an official function or is not best suited to the event).
- Space cancellations must be received by March 3, 2018
- Cancellations received on or before March 3, 2018, will be removed from publication announcements.
Note: Your assigned contact person is responsible for informing your event attendees of the cancellation.
- A full refund for the administrative fee will be given to cancellations received on or before March 3, 2018.
- Additional promotions or notifications will be your responsibility. Marketing pieces, advertisements, invitations, etc. may not use the PAS logo or name—inferring or implying that the event was endorsed by PAS.
- Bulletin boards are available at the Convention Center to publicize meetings and gatherings; notices are limited to a size of 8.5” x 11”.
- Distribution of invitations, tickets, etc., promoting an ancillary event is strictly prohibited in all other public spaces of the event venue, convention center or other hotels.
- One (1) sign may be placed at the door, but only during the scheduled time of the session. Signage at the door may not exceed 24” x 36”. Marketing guidelines apply.
- Additional signs are not permitted. Signage scattered throughout the hotels or convention center is not permitted and will be removed.
PAS Program Office
3400 Research Forest Drive, Suite B7
The Woodlands, TX 77381
American Pediatric Society
Society for Pediatric Research
- SPR Fellows’ Basic Research Awards, including:
- David G. Nathan Award in Basic Research
- Basic Research Awards for Fellows, sponsored by the Junior SPR Members’ Section
- SPR Fellows’ Clinical Research Award, including:
- Richard D. Rowe Award for Clinical Research
- Clinical Research Awards for Fellows, sponsored by the Junior SPR Members’ Section
- SPR House Officer Research Award
- SPR Student Research Award
- Young Investigator Award*
- E. Mead Johnson Award for Research in Pediatrics*
- Maureen Andrew Mentor Award*
- Douglas K. Richardson Award for Perinatal and Pediatric Healthcare Research*
- Thomas A. Hazinski Distinguished Service Award*
American Pediatric Society / Society for Pediatric Research Joint Award
American Academy of Pediatrics
American Society of Pediatric Nephrology
- Henry L. Barnett Award (ASPN and AAP Section on Nephrology)*
- ASPN Founder’s Award*
- ASPN Trainee Research Award
- ASPN Fellow Research Presentation Award
- ASPN Resident Travel
Academic Pediatric Association
- APA Fellow’s Research Award
- APA George Armstrong Lecture*
- APA Health Care Delivery Award*
- APA Global Health Research Award*
- APA Ludwig-Seidel Award
- APA Michael Shannon Research Award
- APA Miller-Sarkin Mentoring Award*
- APA Public Policy & Advocacy Award*
- APA Outstanding Teaching Award*
- APA Ray E. Helfer Award for Innovation in Pediatric Education*
- APA Resident Research Award
- APA Research Award*
- APA Student Research Award
- APA Teaching Award for Faculty
Federation of Pediatric Organizations
March of Dimes
PAS Travel Grants
- PAS Travel Grant Program