Non-Scientific (Ancillary) Guidelines
Functions held adjunct to the PAS Meeting and coordinated by a group other than PAS is considered an ancillary event. Educational and scientific programming, organized outside of PAS yet directed at the same audience, may not be offered over the official dates of the PAS Meeting within 100 miles of the PAS meeting location. Official meeting dates for the PAS 2017 Meeting are Friday, May 5 – Tuesday, May 9, 2017. Types of Ancillary Events/Approved Activities:
• Alumni and Faculty Events
• Committee, Council, and Society Meetings
• Focus Groups
• Investigator Meetings
• Social Events
For those who want to hold an event at the PAS 2017 Meeting – Welcome! Contact the PAS Program Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit a request for your event, please access Scholar One and:
- Create an account (if you have not already done so)
- Notify the PAS Program Office that you have created an account and want to submit your event
Black Out Dates/Times
Organizations may not hold functions during the PAS scientific program schedule. These times include:
- Saturday, May 6, 8:00 AM – 6:45 PM
- Sunday, May 7, 8:00 AM – 7:30 PM
- Monday, May 8, 8:00 AM – 7:30 PM
- Tuesday, May 9, 7:30 AM – 2:15 PM
Non-Scientific Event (Ancillary) Locations
- All activities are restricted to the official PAS hotels (Marriott Marquis, InterContinental Union Square, Hilton Union Square) or the Moscone Convention Center, assigned at the discretion of PAS. Hotels are conveniently located near the Moscone Convention Center, where the PAS scientific programs are held. Please note, per hotel policy, no outside food and beverage is allowed in any meeting function.
- Space is assigned upon submission of your event to the Scholar One site. Room assignment is determined by PAS and confirmations are emailed to you by February 2017.
- All details and expenses related to your function (e.g. catering, audio/visual) are your responsibility. Enclosed in the February confirmation email will be instructions on moving forward with any catering and audio/visual orders for your event. If you require audio/visual equipment, please be advised that you are required to use the official PAS audio/visual company.
- Administrative fees may apply; however, there is no room rental charge for your session.
Deadlines – Final submission date for Non-Scientific sessioning is January 13, 2017.
- Confirmations will be sent November 8, 2016 for all sessions in Scholar One.
- Final details for all Non-Scientific sessions will be sent February 10, 2017. These details will include session location, date, time, next steps for catering and audio/visual orders. Unless notified, all events will be published on the PAS website and within the mobile app.
- Space cancellations must be received by March 3, 2017.
- Cancellations received on or before March 3, 2017, will be removed from publication announcements. Note: Your assigned contact person is responsible for informing your event attendees of the cancellation.
- Cancellations received on or before March 3, 2017, for those sessions charged an administrative fee, will receive a full refund.
- Additional promotions or notifications will be your responsibility. Marketing pieces, advertisements, invitations, etc. may not use the PAS logo or name—inferring or implying that the event was endorsed by PAS.
- Bulletin boards are available at the Moscone Convention Center to publicize meetings and gatherings; notices are limited to a size of 8.5” x 11”.
- Distribution of invitations, tickets, etc., promoting an ancillary event is strictly prohibited in all other public spaces of the event venue, convention center or other hotels.
- One (1) sign may be placed at the door, but only during the scheduled time of the session. Signage at the door may not exceed 24” x 36”. Marketing guidelines apply.
- Additional signs are not permitted. Signage scattered throughout the hotels or convention center is not permitted and will be removed.
PAS Program Office
3400 Research Forest Drive, Suite B7
The Woodlands, TX 77381