PAS Statement: The Pediatric Academic Societies (PAS) leadership and staff are committed to ensuring diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of the PAS Meeting and related activities. PAS is committed to providing a safe environment that welcomes the respectful expression of diverse opinions and perspectives and is open to collegial, energetic debate and dialogue.
PAS Goals: PAS is committed to
- A program selected on the basis of scientific, scholarly, and educational merit in support of our vision: To be the premier North American scholarly child health meeting.
- Building and operationalizing an understanding of DEI in all aspects of PAS, including program content, participants, committees, leadership, and staff, through data collection, impact assessment, and continuous process improvement, under the leadership of the PAS DEI Committee.
- A safe environment that welcomes respectful expression of diverse opinions and perspectives that is open to collegial, energetic debate and dialogue.
- All Submitters are expected to give proactive attention to DEI in the planning of session content and presenters. (For DEI definition guidance, see Notice of NIH’s Interest in Diversity.)
- Under the leadership of the DEI Committee, PAS will collect and analyze DEI data from PAS presenters, attendees, leadership, and staff and will use this data to identify opportunities for impactful DEI improvements.