As part of the data-driven approach for DEI within the PAS Meeting, we are pleased to share the following data gathered during the PAS 2022 planning.
Thank you for your support in providing data to help with our DEI initiatives. If you have any questions, please contact at email@example.com.
As future positions open, we encourage diversity and inclusivity as groups name participants to the Committee.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI)
An Initial Statement from PAS
August 20, 2021
PAS Goals: PAS is committed to
- A program selected on the basis of scientific, scholarly and educational merit in support of our vision: To be the premier North American scholarly child health meeting.
- Building and operationalizing an understanding of DEI in all aspects of PAS, including: program content, participants, committees, leadership and staff, through data collection, impact assessment and continued process improvement, under the leadership of the PAS DEI Task Force.
- A safe environment that welcomes respectful expression of diverse opinions and perspectives that is open to collegial, energetic debate and dialogue.
New for PAS 2022:
- Proposal Planning. All Submitters are expected to give proactive attention to DEI in the planning of session content and presenters. (For DEI definition guidance, see Notice of NIH’s Interest in Diversity.)
- Data Collection & Analysis. Under the leadership of the DEI Task Force, PAS will collect and analyze DEI data from PAS presenters, attendees, leadership and staff and will use this data to identify opportunities for impactful DEI improvements.