NEW PAS 2024 ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DATES
We have important news regarding the PAS 2024 Call for Abstracts.
The PAS 2024 Meeting (Toronto) Call for Abstracts will open on August 31, 2023, and close on November 1, 2023.
With this timeline shift, PAS is returning to its practice of a pre-holiday Abstract call close to:
- Respond to extensive attendee feedback asking for an earlier release of the full program guide
- Allow abstract reviewers to finish their volunteer work before the end-of-year holiday season
- Align PAS with best practices and standard submission timelines for a large scientific meeting
NEW FOR 2024: PAS WORKS IN PROGRESS POSTER
ATTENTION TRAINEES – STUDENTS, RESIDENTS, AND FELLOWS
PAS recognizes presenting/first authors who are Trainees may be impacted by the shift to the new PAS 2024 abstract submission timeline. To address this potential impact, PAS will offer a new Works in Progress Poster Submission designed specifically for the submission of research that is not yet complete by the November 1, 2023, abstract submission deadline.
During the PAS 2024 Call for Abstracts (August 31, 2023 – November 1, 2023), Trainee presenting/first authors who submit will have the option to select the Works in Progress Poster. Abstracts chosen for the PAS Works in Progress Poster will be presented during one of the usual PAS Poster Sessions and will be clearly designated as Works In Progress Poster.
- What: Works in Progress Poster Submissions
- Why: To ease Trainees’ transition to the new, earlier PAS 2024 Abstract submission deadline (November 1, 2023), PAS offers Trainees a special submission option for the PAS 2024 Meeting: a Work in Progress Poster Submission.
- Who: All Trainees-Students, Residents, and Fellows | Only Trainees who are Presenting/First Authors may make a Work in Progress Poster Submission.
- When: Submission due November 1, 2023. Datasets and Results completed by April 1. 2024
- must include complete Background to justify the study.
- Objective to detail the study goal.
- Design/methods -This section should detail IRB-required approvals and how the study is being conducted.
- Results – Noting datasets and results are not due at this time. However, please list your data analysis plan and timeline.
- Where: PAS 2024 Toronto | Works in Progress Poster Submissions that are accepted will be part of as PAS 2024 poster session. These posters have a designated area, so attendees understand they were submitted and accepted as Works in Progress Posters.
If you have questions about these changes to the PAS 2024 Call for Abstracts or the new PAS Works in Progress Poster, we are here to help. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.