PAS 2020 SPEAKER SUPPORT POLICY
PAS does not pay speaker honorariums. However, we do offer the following speaker benefits for Scholarly Session participants only (Basic-Clinical-Translational Roundtables, Debate/Pro-Con Discussions, Hot Topic/Topic Symposia, Panel Discussions, State of the Art Plenary):
Scholarly Session Speakers who provide an overview/presentation for 10 minutes or longer:
- Complimentary meeting registration
- Association members are encouraged to participate actively in the development of their association’s scientific program at PAS. A member of PIDS who provides an overview/presentation for 10 minutes or longer receives:
Non-Member Speaker: Highly qualified speakers who are not yet association members may be invited by session organizers or chairs to participate in PAS. A speaker who was not a member of APS, SPR, APA, AAP Fellow, ASPN, PIDS as of September 1, 2019 and who provides an overview/presentation for 10 minutes or longer receives:
- Complimentary meeting registration
- Up to two nights lodging at a conference contracted hotel. Note: speaker must book and pay for the reservation at a conference contracted hotel themselves, then submit the receipt for reimbursement by June 15, 2020.
- Up to $250 for incidentals. Itemized receipts must be submitted; see PAS Travel Guidelines for details.
- Standard economy air travel to/from PAS Meeting, which must be booked no less than 30 days prior to the start of the PAS Meeting through the PAS Egencia account. If travel is not booked through PAS Egencia by March 29, 2020, the speaker must book and pay for their own travel. (Prior approval needed for layovers that are non-PAS Meeting related.)
- If the speaker is unable to attend the PAS Meeting after a ticket is booked, he/she is responsible to reimburse PAS for the cost of the ticket (ticket is not transferrable and can only be used by individual for his/her personal use.)
- The PAS Travel Guidelines and Speaker Expense forms will be sent by email to eligible speakers by the PAS Office. If you do not receive the email by Dec. 1, 2020, please contact email@example.com.
- Speaker Expense forms must be submitted by June 15, 2020 to be eligible for reimbursement.
PAS Scholarly Session Program Chairs: Chairs are not eligible for complimentary meeting registration or compensation. Chairs who provide an overview/presentation longer than 10 minutes will be classified as both a chair and a speaker and therefore are eligible for the speaker support detailed above.
PAS Original Science Abstract Programs: Platforms, Poster Symposia, Poster Sessions Moderators, Discussants, Poster Facilitators, and Presenters are not eligible for complimentary meeting registrations. All participants must register for the PAS Meeting.
PAS Clubs: All participants must register for the PAS Meeting. If grant funding is obtained, the PAS Speaker Support Policy applies, and grant funding is used first towards speaker and audio visual expenses and then to other expenses. If grant funding is not obtained, no speaker support is offered; registration and travel expenses are the responsibility of the speaker.
PAS Workshops–Including ASPN and PIDS Workshops: Workshop presenters are not eligible for complimentary meeting registrations. All participants must register for the PAS Meeting.
APA Special Interest Groups (SIGs): Faculty participants are not eligible for complimentary meeting registrations. All participants must register for the PAS Meeting.
Presidential Plenaries: Special guest speakers who are invited by partner and alliance organizations to speak as high profile “Guest Speakers” at the organization’s Presidential Plenary Session will follow the PAS Non-Member speaker policy