Abstract Submission Important Dates
Call for Abstracts: November 10, 2021, – January 7, 2022 | 11:59pm CT
Abstract Review and Selection: January 12 – February 9, 2022
Notification sent by email: February 21, 2022
Abstract Fee: $90
Please Note: ONLY the Presenting Author may submit due to new DEI requirements.
The presenting author and all co-authors must complete their Author Information and Conflict of Interest (COI) Disclosures before you are able to submit.
SESSION SUBMITTERS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPLETE A SESSION SUBMISSION UNTIL ALL REQUIRED TASKS ARE COMPLETED.
The two required tasks to be completed by co-authors are:
- Author Information
- Conflict of Interest – IMPORTANT COI INFORMATION
All submitters are expected to give proactive attention to DEI as sessions are planned. See the PAS Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for full details.
Need help with creating an account or submitting an abstract? Watch our video tutorials for a quick how-to!
Presentation formats (platform, poster, or poster symposium) are determined in February by the PAS Program Committee.
- Platform sessions are 90 minutes long. Presentations are 15-minutes (10 minute/presentation; 5 minute/discussion).
- Poster symposium sessions are 90 minutes in length and consist of a poster viewing period followed by a formal presentation or discussion period. Session moderators determine the presentation or discussion format for poster symposium sessions.
- Poster sessions are two-three hours in length and consist of a general viewing and author attendance period.
- Detailed instructions for the preparation of slides and posters, as well as scheduling notices, will be provided to the contact author with the presentation notification in February.
- The complete schedule of all abstract presentations will be finalized by February.
Citation of Abstracts
Abstracts are published in electronic format only. For purposes of citation, please use E-PAS2022:Publication number.
2022 example citation: E-PAS2022:5555.543
Research published in manuscript form prior to the submission of the abstract is not appropriate and should not be submitted. If data contained in the abstract is published after submission of the abstract, the PAS Program Office must be notified regardless of timing as soon as publication is recognized. At that time a member of the program committee will make a determination concerning presentation. Abstracts should not be submitted if there is knowledge and confirmation of an upcoming publication prior to the annual meeting or submission deadline.
PAS Trainee Travel Grant
The Pediatric Academic Societies will award trainee grants to participate in the PAS 2022 Meeting. Indicate your interest by checking the PAS Trainee Travel Grant box in the online submission program when applying for awards. Awardees will be selected based on the quality of their submitted PAS abstract where the presenting author is a trainee. Awardee notifications will be sent in March 2022. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.