Presentation Guidelines: Platform Speakers
You will have 10 minutes to present your prepared presentation, followed by five minutes to answer questions from the audience. The time schedule will be adhered to strictly out of respect for the other presenters. If you exceed your 10 minutes, the moderator will interrupt you and open the floor to questions.
PowerPoint Slide Design:
- You must state whether you have any conflict of interest at the beginning of the talk and you must include a Conflict of Interest disclosure slide even if there is nothing to disclose.
- Create your slides in the 16 x 9 format.
- Estimate 45-60 seconds for each slide; 10-14 slides will fill at 10-minute slot.
- Use bullet points, not full sentences.
- Edit your slides to essential words.
- Use tables, lists, figures and diagrams whenever possible.
- Font sizes < 20 should be avoided.
Recommendations for Presentations
- Talk slowly and clearly – if you have too many slides, you will feel rushed
- Face the audience, not the computer or slides
- When presenting graphs, figures or tables, orient the listener to them. For example, stating things like “the y axis represents concentration of breast milk. The x-axis represents time… “
Conflict of Interest
- You must state whether you have any conflict of interest at the beginning of the talk.
- Must include Conflict of Interest disclosure slide even if there is nothing to disclose.
AV Guidelines, Presentation Upload, and Speaker Ready Room
All presentations must be uploaded to the PAS Presentation Management Website. Your final submission is required at least 8 hours in advance of your session. Speaker check in is required at least 8 hours in advance of your presentation in the Speaker Ready Room, Pennsylvania Convention Center – Level 200, Room 204 C. This will ensure the quality of your presentation(s) including fonts, bullets, outlines, animations, etc. Allow extra time if polling slides need to be created.