PAS provides complimentary press registration to eligible credentialed journalists who wish to attend the PAS 2021 Virtual.
PAS requires members of the press to register in advance. Press registration for the PAS 2021 Meeting can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Press registration should be requested as soon as possible. Deadline to register is April 23, 2021.
Upon approval, an acceptance letter will be sent with additional information.
The following individuals are eligible for press registration:
- Reporters, writers, producers, and editors as well as photographers and videographers with staff credentials from newspapers, magazines, online news services, wire services, and radio or television networks and stations
- Freelancers with assignment letters from established, verifiable media outlets
- Freelancers with at least one bylined article/report published online, in print, or broadcast by an established, verifiable media outlet within six months prior to PAS 2021 Virtual.
- Writers for online news services or online outlets that provide daily or weekly coverage of health and science
- Well established bloggers who frequently comment or write about health and science
The following individuals are not eligible for press registration:
- Writers, editors, and public relations professionals affiliated with exhibitors
- Industry representatives and financial or industry analysts
- Writers and editors for industry publications and websites
- Manuscript editors of journals
- Sponsored bloggers and bloggers for company pages
- Representatives of public relations firms and the public relations/communications offices of industry, academic, government, and nonprofit organizations
These individuals must register for PAS 2021 Virtual as regular attendees and pay the required registration fee, regardless of affiliation with a news or trade media organization, contracted exhibitor, scientific journal, or publishing company.
PAS encourages the promotion of research presented at the PAS 2021 Virtual. The media as well as corporations and institutions issuing press releases are required to abide by the embargo policies governing PAS 2021 Virtual.
The abstracts selected for presentation at PAS 2021 Virtual will be posted online as part of the PAS 2021 Virtual Platform and On-Demand until January 2022. The information contained in the abstracts is embargoed until the abstracts are available online(see un-embargoed content details for more information). Academic institutions and companies may issue a press release to coincide with an abstract’s availability on the PAS website. However, coverage of information that goes beyond that which is contained in the abstract (e.g., additional analysis, commentary, or presentation of updated data or new information that will be available at the time of PAS 2021 Virtual) is embargoed from release to the general public as follows:
PAS 2021 UN-EMBARGOED CONTENT RELEASE DATES
During The PAS 2021 Virtual Meeting, scientific content will be un-embargoed as follows:
Wednesday, April 28, 2021
- All Phase I Poster PDF’s and audio recordings
- All On-Demand Scholarly Sessions & Abstracts
- All Live Session Slides Only
Note: All Live Session Pre- Recorded or Live Presentations taking place from Friday, April 30 – Tuesday, May 4 will be unembargoed at the beginning of each live session’s scheduled time. For example: If your session is from 1:00 – 3:00, your session will be un-embargoed at 1:00 for all the presentations in that session block.
May 17, 2021
Individual presentations will be added to on-demand content no later than May 17, 2021, and will be available for viewing by registered attendees until January 31, 2022.
June 15, 2021
Full 90 -120 minute scientific block sessions will be added to on-demand and will include Q&A that took place during the session.
Companies planning to distribute a press release containing embargoed information must ensure that the release clearly displays the embargo date. The company or institution issuing the press release assumes responsibility for ensuring embargoed releases are only distributed to reporters who will abide by the PAS 2021 Virtual embargo policies.
A FULL LIST OF PRESENTATION EMBARGO RELEASE DATES WILL BE PROVIDE ON OR BEFORE APRIL 16TH, 2021.
PAS does not share press registration lists.
Press materials for PAS 2021 Virtual are developed by PAS staff, along with the Program Committee and authors of submitted abstracts.
After the abstract submission deadline, PAS staff and subject matter experts on the Program Committee develop a shortlist of accepted abstracts likely to be of interest to the press and general public. This list is reviewed and revised to ensure balance among topics and scientific approaches. PAS staff work with abstract authors to develop press releases summarizing the studies’ findings and their importance, the final versions of which are reviewed and approved by the first and senior authors, as well as the Program Committee subject matter expert. Press releases will be issued under embargo in the days leading up to the PAS 2021 Virtual and posted publicly on the PAS website once the abstracts have been presented.
Questions? Please email Amber Fraley, PAS Communications Specialist, at email@example.com