Submission Deadline: November 1, 2023 | 11:59 pm CT
Abstract Fee: $100
This non-refundable fee is required for each submission payable by credit card ONLY. This fee does not apply towards your PAS registration if your abstract is accepted.
Abstract Presentation formats (Platform, Oral Poster Symposium, Poster, or Works in Progress Poster) are determined in December by the PAS Program Committee.
- Platform sessions are 90 minutes long. Presentations are 15 minutes (10 minutes/presentation; 5 minutes/discussion).
- Poster symposium sessions are 90 minutes in length and consist of a poster viewing period followed by a formal presentation or discussion period. Session moderators determine the presentation or discussion format for poster symposium sessions.
- Poster sessions are two to three hours long and consist of a general viewing and author attendance period.
- Works in Progress Posters are two to three hours long and consist of a general viewing and author attendance period. These posters will have a designated area, so attendees understand they were submitted and accepted as Works in Progress Posters.
- Detailed instructions for the preparation of slides and posters, as well as scheduling notices, will be provided to the contact author with the presentation notification in 2024.
- The complete schedule of all abstract presentations will be finalized in early 2024.
THINGS TO REMEMBER WHILE SUBMITTING:
- ONLY the Presenting Author may submit due to DEI requirements.
- Only Trainees who are Presenting/First Authors may submit a Works in Progress Submission.
- All submitters are expected to give proactive attention to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion as sessions are planned.
- Before a submission can be submitted, all authors/co-authors must complete the following two tasks.
- Author Information
- Conflict of Interest – Important COI Information
- Per CME guidelines, additional co-authors cannot be added after submission. You MUST include all of your co-authors when submitting.
- All accepted oral abstracts are required to pre-record prior to the PAS Meeting. Presenting authors will also be expected to attend and present in person in Toronto, Canada.
Need help with creating an account or submitting an Abstract? Watch our video tutorials for a quick how-to!
Citation of Abstracts
Abstracts are published in electronic format only. For purposes of citation, please use the E-PAS2024:Publication number.
2024 example citation: E-PAS2024:5555.543
Research published in manuscript form prior to the submission of the abstract is not appropriate and should not be submitted. If data contained in the abstract is published after submission of the abstract, the PAS Program Office must be notified regardless of timing as soon as publication is recognized. At that time a member of the program committee will make a determination concerning the presentation. Abstracts should not be submitted if there is knowledge and confirmation of an upcoming publication prior to the annual meeting or submission deadline.
PAS Trainee Travel Grant
The Pediatric Academic Societies will award trainee travel grants that include free registration and a $500.00 check to participate in the PAS 2024 Meeting. When applying for awards, indicate your interest by checking the PAS Trainee Travel Grant box in the online abstract submission. (For Abstract Submissions Only, does not pertain to Works in Progress Posters). Awardees will be selected based on the quality of their submitted PAS abstract; the presenting author must be a trainee. Awardee notifications will be sent in March 2024. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.