PAS WORKSHOP COMMITTEE
Dear Friends of the Pediatric Academic Societies Meeting,
We are pleased to open the call for self-nominations/nominations for a NEW PAS Workshop Committee. Self-nominations are strongly encouraged and underrepresented in medicine individuals are especially encouraged to consider nomination as are late-junior and mid-career professionals. Note: This is a call for PAS Workshop Committee members only. The PAS Workshop Chair, Dr. Barrett Fromme, will lead the newly formed PAS Workshop Committee.
The new PAS Workshop Committee is created in response to the increase in workshop submissions and the need to provide additional support for the PAS Workshop Chair who will continue to lead the PAS workshop selection process. Under the direction of the PAS Workshop Chair, the new PAS Workshop Committee will oversee the submission, review, and selection of workshops for inclusion in the PAS program. Committee members will be responsible for the selection of workshops within the PAS Workshop domain(s). Current domains are:
- Advocacy and Health Policy
- Clinical Care
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Professional Development
- Quality Improvement
- Research Methodology, Grant Preparation, and Scholarly Activities
- Scholarship in Education
- Technology Development
Committee members are expected to have expertise in medical education as well as in one or more domains. To nominate or self-nominate, by June 24, 2022, 11:59 pm CT please submit the following through Workshop Committee Nomination Form:
1) CV with pertinent activities highlighted
2) Preferred PAS Workshop domain(s) and description of expertise in each
3) Description of expertise as a medical educator
4) Description of prior involvement with PAS Meeting, PAS workshops, and/or other medical or academic conferences in pediatrics
5) Confirmation of:
- member in good standing status in one or more of: AAP, APA, APS, SPR, ASPN, or PIDS
- availability to attend the PAS Meetings 2023-2025 in Washington, D.C., Toronto, and Honolulu
Any questions about submitting the form should be directed to Michelle Brunoehler.
Committee members will serve a three-year term (July 1-June 30) and will attend and participate in all PAS Program Committee meetings. Individuals may serve simultaneously on the PAS Program Committee and the PAS Workshop Committee, which is a subgroup of the PAS Program Committee.
We look forward to receiving your nominations (including self-nominations) and very much appreciate your support for PAS. and our efforts to realize our vision to be the premier North American scholarly child health meeting.
Patrick P. Brophy, PAS Program Chair
Judy Shaw, PAS Program Chair-elect
Barrett Fromme, PAS Workshop Chair