The following individuals are eligible for press registration:
- Reporters, writers, producers, and editors as well as photographers and videographers with staff credentials from newspapers, magazines, online news services, wire services, and radio or television networks and stations
- Freelancers with assignment letters from established, verifiable media outlets
- Freelancers with at least one bylined article/report published online, in print, or broadcast by an established, verifiable media outlet within six months prior to the PAS 2024 Meeting
- Writers for online news services or online outlets that provide daily or weekly coverage of health and science
- Well-established bloggers who frequently comment or write about health and science
The following individuals are not eligible for press registration:
- Writers, editors, and public relations professionals affiliated with exhibitors
- Industry representatives and financial or industry analysts
- Writers and editors for industry publications and websites
- Manuscript editors of journals
- Sponsored bloggers and bloggers for company pages
- Representatives of public relations firms and the public relations/communications offices of industry, academic, government, and nonprofit organizations
These individuals must register for the PAS 2024 Meeting as regular attendees and pay the required registration fee, regardless of affiliation with a news or trade media organization, contracted exhibitor, scientific journal, or publishing company. They may not attend media briefings or work in the PAS Press Office.
PRESS BADGES AND PRESS ROOM
You may pick up your badge in the PAS Press Office, Room TBD inside the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
Registered media are encouraged to request interviews with PAS leadership, speakers/presenters, and other participants. Media representatives are required to schedule interviews through Amber Fraley, Communication Manager at email@example.com.
PAS 2023 Meeting Press Office Hours
- Friday, May 3 | 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Saturday, May 4 | 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Sunday, May 5 | 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Monday, May 6| 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
PAS encourages the promotion of research presented at the PAS 2024 Meeting. The media as well as corporations and institutions issuing press releases are required to abide by the embargo policies governing the PAS 2024 Meeting.
- Coverage of scientific data and results presented at the meeting, whether in plenary, scholarly session, workshop, sig, oral abstracts, or poster presentations, is embargoed from release to the general public until the first day of the PAS 2024 Meeting (12:01 a.m. ET, Friday, May 3, 2024). Coverage is defined to include all media channels: print, electronic (social media, blogs, posts), video, and audio.
The abstracts selected for presentation at the PAS 2024 Meeting will be posted online before the meeting. The information contained in the abstracts is embargoed until the abstracts are available online. Academic institutions and companies may issue a press release to coincide with the availability of an abstract on the PAS website. However, coverage of information that goes beyond that which is contained in the abstract (e.g., additional analysis, commentary, or presentation of updated data or new information that will be available at the time of the PAS 2024 Meeting) is embargoed from release to the general public until the first day of the PAS 2024 Meeting (12:01 a.m. ET, Friday, May 3, 2024). This includes information gathered in interviews conducted during the embargo period.
Companies planning to distribute a press release containing embargoed information must ensure that the release clearly displays the embargo date. The company or institution issuing the press release assumes responsibility for ensuring embargoed releases are only distributed to reporters who will abide by the PAS 2024 Meeting embargo policies.
PAS does not share press registration lists.
ON-SITE GUIDELINES AND POLICIES
Members of the press are invited to all scientific sessions, educational sessions, oral and poster abstract sessions, and the Exhibit Hall with the exception of Pre-Conference events and breakfasts; however, they must adhere to the below:
- Wear or display their official PAS Meeting press badge at all times while on-site.
- Not exchange, loan, or borrow PAS 2024 Meeting press badges – Individuals who do so will be required to leave the meeting
- Follow the same camera/recording policy as PAS 2024 Meeting attendees – Individual Slide/Poster Photography/Video and Video and Audio Recordings of Entire Sessions
- Members of the press are not permitted to ask questions at the microphones or via the mobile app during an educational session.
ACCESS TO SESSIONS
Journalists must wear press badges in order to attend sessions and sponsored events. All scientific sessions, educational sessions, oral and poster abstract sessions, and the Exhibit Hall with the exception of Pre-Conference events, breakfasts, and luncheons are open to registered press.
Conference sessions may not be photographed, videotaped, or audiotaped unless the author has a SHARE Icon posted on their slide deck. Please see the Individual Slide/Poster Photography/Video and Video and Audio Recordings of Entire Sessions
PAS reserves the right to engage professional photographers and/or audio/visual professionals to document the meeting for use in informational articles or future promotions of its activities.
EXHIBITOR PRESS EVENTS AND USE OF THE PAS 2024 MEETING PRESS OFFICE
Exhibitors and other non-PAS organizations may hold events for the press in connection with the PAS 2023 Meeting, as long as the following criteria are met:
- Events may not be held in PAS 2024 Meeting space. This includes the PAS Press Office.
- Events may not conflict with PAS’s official press briefing schedule. Thus, they should be held and completed before 8:00 am or after 6:00 pm
- Events may be promoted via materials left on a table in the PAS Press Office designated for non-PAS organizations. Such materials may not state or imply an endorsement by PAS.
Exhibitors and representatives of academic institutions, federal agencies, and other organizations whose researchers are presenting at the PAS 2024 Meeting may leave meeting-related press materials on a designated table in the PAS Press Office. These individuals may not, however, work in the PAS Press Office.
Please see the Exhibitors section for additional information about exhibiting at the PAS 2024 Meeting.
Press materials for the PAS 2024 Meeting are developed by PAS staff, along with the Program Committee and authors of submitted abstracts.
After the abstract submission deadline, PAS staff and subject matter experts on the Program Committee develop a shortlist of accepted abstracts likely to be of interest to the press and the general public. This list is reviewed and revised to ensure balance among topics and scientific approaches. PAS staff work with abstract authors to develop press releases summarizing the studies’ findings and their importance, the final versions of which are reviewed and approved by the first and senior authors, as well as the Program Committee subject matter expert. Press releases are issued under embargo in the days leading up to the PAS 2024 Meeting and posted publicly.