Sessions –Please remember to enter your Presidential Plenaries into the PAS Program and Event Center (PPEC). Plenaries are the most common sessions missed. The deadline to enter is October 6. Even if full details are not yet available you can use placeholders.
A few important things to keep in mind for this years meeting:
- For the PAS 2021 Virtual Meeting, you will be responsible for hosting your ancillary event(s). This includes using your Institution’s or Organization’s online meeting tool.
- Any ancillary event that contains educational and/or scientific content should complement, rather than replicate or compete with the PAS programming and programming times; comply with applicable CME rules and regulations as administered by the official CME provider, and be deemed acceptable by the PAS Program Chair or his/her designee. Ancillary Events that include scientific content must be approved by the PAS Program Chair.
- Deadline for your final entry of event details is March 1, 2021.
Ancillary Event Options: Event options listed below should fit within the Ancillary Event Policy and should be scheduled within Ancillary Event approved dates and times as outlined below.
- Ancillary event that you do not wish to be published in PAS Online Program Guide – We encourage you to enter your independent ancillary events into Scholar One so both PAS and your organization has a holistic view of what is happenings during PAS Phase I and II. PAS does not require connection information to be submitted. Answer “No” on the “Online Guide and Mobile App” question.
- Ancillary event published in PAS Online Program Guide noting “private event and connection information sent to individuals invited. Enter in Scholar One. PAS does not require connection information to be submitted. Answer “Yes” on the “Online Guide and Mobile App” question and in “Description” note that this is a “private event and connection information will be sent to individuals invited.”
- Ancillary events published in PAS Online Program Guide with connection information available to ALL registered PAS 2021 attendees. Enter in Scholar One. Plan to send connection information to PAS at the beginning of April. Answer “Yes” on the “Online Guide and Mobile App” question. Note that these events can be accessed by any PAS attendee. THESE EVENTS REQUIRE PAS APPROVAL PRIOR TO PUBLICATION IN PAS PROGRAM GUIDE.
Approved Ancillary Event Days and Times: Ancillary Events, may take place only during PAS designated times noted below. Times are subject to change based upon adjustments to the official PAS Program schedule. All times are in Central Time Zone.
Step by Step Guide:
Step 1: Submit your Ancillary Event by March 1, 2021. All ancillary events entered into Scholar One and marked “Yes to be published in the PAS Online Program Guide and Mobile App” will be listed in the program guide. Corresponding connection information will be posted along with it closer to the event date. If the event will be published in the PAS Online Program Guide but is a private event note that this is a “private event and connection information will be sent to individuals invited” in the S1 “Description.”
- Ancillary Event change requests: If you need to make a change to a session after the submission deadline, please click here.
Step 2: Notification of approval by March 15, 2021.
Step 3: If you have an ancillary event open to all PAS attendees (Ancillary Option 3 above), the deadline for receiving meeting connection information is April 2. Please note that this ancillary selection means connection information will be available to ALL registered PAS Attendees. It is highly recommended you utilize a registration system, such as Zoom Registration, so an estimate of the number of attendees is collected prior to the event. If you require directions on how to do this, please let us know and we are happy to guide you through the process.
Step 4: PAS will publish all ancillary event connection details prior to April 28, 2021.
Step 5: On the day of your ancillary event, you and your team will be responsible for all aspects of your event.
Speaker Portal – The PAS Speaker Portal will be available in late March. A notification will be sent to all speakers (including those listed in Presidential Plenaries). Please be sure all details of your society sessions and speakers are complete and accurate by the third week of March. Let us know if there are special circumstances and we will plan to work around those for you.
10. Select the corresponding Comp Code from the drop-down box.
11. Enter Comp Notes with an explanation of the attendee (EX. Awardee)
12. Select G-PAS GUESTS/VIP/AWARDEE in the Fee Type drop-down.
13. Select Hit Record to send an automatic registration email to the attendee. They will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Below is the email they receive which walks them through registration. At the end they will see a page that informs them their registration is complimentary. Closer to the meeting they will receive login instructions for their access to the PAS virtual platform.