PAS 2023 Schedule-at-a-Glance
Scholarly Session Allotments & Order of Selection
Abstract Topic Areas
Abstract Topic Descriptions
Abstract Session Allotment
PROGRAM COMMITTEE CORRESPONDENCE
PAS 2023 Open Call for Scholarly Sessions, Workshops, SIGs, Volunteers, Ancillary Events
September-PC Email-Next Steps
From: Jaclyn Huff
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2022 3:16 PM
To: Jaclyn Huff
Subject: PAS 2023 | Program Committee Next Steps
Dear PAS Program Committee Members,
Now that the first call for content has opened, we wanted to take a moment to outline a few actions items we need each Program Committee Member to take in the next few weeks. Please also remember we have our first Program Committee call tomorrow – September 14th from 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm CT.
Action #1 –
• DUE BY SEPTEMBER 30, 2022 – Scholarly Session: Designated Selectors
We have created a form to facilitate collection of “designated selectors” for each society. Please have the designated selector enter their contact information here by Sept. 30. It should be only one person per society.
• The randomly generated Order of Selection is attached for your convenience. An updated version will be posted on the PC webpage when all selectors are finalized. Note: We will send calendar invites to the designated selectors as reminders for the individual time slots.
Action #2 –
• DUE BY SEPTEMBER 30, 2022 – COI Disclosures
• Please log in to the Volunteers: Reviewers & Moderators Application Website and complete your COI disclosures by September 30.
• Under “Volunteer Type” select “Staff and Program Committee Member”
• Click here for a 3-minute video that walks you through the process in the new tool.
Action #3 –
• The Programming Timeline is linked here for your review.
We are now focusing on the review process for Scholarly Sessions, Workshops, and SIGs, as well as prepping for the Scientific Abstract Call opening Nov. 10, 2022. Please be on the lookout for any open items we may need from you during the Abstract call preparation. The Program Committee Webpage is now live.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you again for your time and attention as we enter our first big phases of program creation. We appreciate all you do!
See you tomorrow,
Scholarly Session Review Email with Sessions
Program Committee Scholarly Session Update
Let me begin with a sincere thank you for submitting your Scholarly Session selections through the online process. Your dedication to making the PAS Meeting a success is so appreciated.
• Attached is a list showing what was picked (tab 1) and what is still available (tab 2). As a reminder, the Program Committee Leadership Team is tasked with identifying gaps in the program and selecting additional Scholarly Sessions. They will do this immediately following the November 1 PC call. To help the PCLT with this process we will review the overall balance of the Scholarly Session selections together and ask PC members to voice any remaining sessions you would like to recommend to the PCLT for possible selection.
• Those who have notified us they would like to endorse a session are shown on the attached as well. Your society endorsement of the session will be published in the online program guide. Would your society like to endorse a session that was picked ahead of you? Please use this form to provide the information so we have all requests in one place.
• We look forward to speaking with everyone this upcoming Tuesday.
PAS Program Committee Call | Tuesday, November 1 | 2:00-3:30 PM Central
o The Program Committee will be online for the first hour (2:00-3:00pm CT) to offer recommendations for final Scholarly Session picks selected by the PCLT.
o The PCLT will remain online the final 30 minutes (3:00-3:30pm CT) to review gap areas and make their selections
We look forward to speaking with everyone soon!
Scholarly Sessions Selected vs. Non-Selected excel
PROGRAM COMMITTEE FEEDBACK
We welcome your feedback on the PAS program planning process throughout the year. To help make it easier to submit comments in real-time, please use the Program Committee Feedback site, which is designed to facilitate ongoing input and help us understand areas where more clarity or improvements are needed. You can submit comments at any time throughout the process.